Freedom Concepts Adaptive Bike Discovery DCP12
The DCP 12 allows children to get out and join their friends as they grow up and learn to cycle together. It provides excellent stability and fits through standard door openings, making it a popular choice in schools and therapy settings. Designed for kids 4-8.
This adaptive bike provides quality of life and lifestyle to those with limited mobility options, providing normalcy and a sense of freedom.
This bike provides excellent stability and fits through standard door openings, making it a popular choice in schools and therapy settings. It is designed with adjust-ability in mind, allowing the bike to grow with your child, ensuring you get as many years of enjoyment out of the bike as possible.
With the DCP 12, kids can be kids, even during a physical therapy session.
This adaptive bike provides quality of life and lifestyle to those with limited mobility options, providing normalcy and a sense of freedom. Benefits include:
- Improved range of motion
- Proper hip-to-foot positioning
- Development of balance and self-support
- Improved motor planning
- Increased blood circulation
- Fitting process ensures natural hip positioning
- Strengthening of anti-gravity muscles
- Stabilised bike with parking brake for transferring
- Quick release locks help swing bike components out of the way for transferring
- Improvements in overall mobility
- Quick release mechanisms on all adjustable parts
- Adjustable crank and sprocket system to accommodate spastic legs or different leg lengths
- Direct drive gearing with easy pedal power to encourage reciprocal patterning of the legs
- 12″ Never-Go-Flat tyres with aluminium rims
- Customisable front brake and parking/transfer brake on the right side
- Independently adjustable handlebars with telescopic posts
- Self-centring spring to promote better hand-eye coordination
- Incredibly supportive seating system with multiple options to add additional harnesses or head supports
- T-Bar which can be used as a brake mount or caregiver handle – option to add rear steering so the rider can learn to ride and stop with a little help
- Mountain footplates – option to add multiple types of footplates to help with heel flexion or plantar flexion
- Standard bike essentials such as: safety flag, wheel reflectors, animal squeaky horn, multi-tool and bell